neoVI FIRE 3The Most Advanced Multi-Protocol Vehicle Interface, Gateway and Data Logger
16x CAN FD, 8x LIN, 3x Ethernet Interfaces
The neoVI FIRE 3 is the most advanced multi protocol vehicle network interface and data logger available. The neoVI FIRE 3 has 16x CAN FD networks, up to 8x LIN networks, 2x 1 Gb 10/100/1000BASE-T, 1x 10/100BASE-Tx.
All networks run simultaneously and are hardware time-stamped. A fully-isolated high-speed ethernet interface allows messages to be sent and received without risk of damage to the networks or your computer.
- 16x DW CAN / CAN FD channels*
- 8x software enabled CAN termination
- 8x LIN channels
- 2x SW CAN*
- 2x LSFT CAN*
- 2x DoIP activation line
- 2x 1 Gb 10/100/1000BASE-T, 1x 10/100BASE-Tx for use with DoIP, XCPoE and more
- 2x Full-size SD card slots. SD 3.0 compatible and supporting up to 2 terabytes of total storage. Up to 800 Mbps logging performance. (1x 32 GB SD card included standard)
- Real Time Clock for hardware timestamping of all messages and backup at 25ns
- Internal dual-band 802.11a/b/g/n WiFi, Secure Bluetooth SPP, and Bluetooth BLE with software selectable internal or external antenna
- 10x Programmable tri-color LEDs show link, error, and activity status
- Membrane buttons built into device case can be programmed to trigger data logs or other events
- 9 DOF IMU (accelerometer, gyroscope and magnetometer)
- Internal extended temperature battery facilitates safe shutdowns
- High precision GPS with external GPS antenna
Features Available in Future
- 1x USB Type-A connector for accessories such as RAD-IO2 or neoVI MIC2 manual trigger
- 4x General Purpose MISC IO
- Instant wake on 2 CAN FD channels
- Intrepid Security Module provides hardware cybersecurity and embedded C Code capability
- Generalized Precision Timing Protocol (gPTP)
- HD video recording via IP Cameras
- Supports AXIS P-Series and F-Series cameras
- Supports HD cameras @ 720p and up to 30 FPS
- Up to 4 terabytes of storage with 2x 2 TB SD Cards
- External modem support (RAD-4G)
*Two configurable channels can be configured to support a choice of DW CAN, SW CAN, LSFT CAN, LIN, or DoIP activation
- Vehicle network tool
- Standalone data logger
- Wireless data logger with auto-download via WiFi or Ethernet
- Standalone ECU or vehicle simulator
- In-Vehicle data acquisition system
- Captive test fleet data collection
- Fleet management
- Vehicle pass-through interface support with J2534 and RP1210 (GM DPS, GM SPS, Ford DET, DiagRA, Chrysler CDA, etc.)
Standalone Logging, Scripting, and Simulation
In addition to working as a vehicle network adapter, the neoVI FIRE 3 can also operate in standalone mode. It can run real-time scripts, log data to two removable full-size SD cards, and simulate ECUs and gateways — all simultaneously! It is also possible to run a script to reflash ECUs standalone, without a computer, using data from the SD card.
The neoVI FIRE 3 is capable of logging to two full-size SD cards, using real-time, fail-safe FAT32 storage for reliability and PC compatibility.
The neoVI FIRE 3 also has a real-time clock for hardware timestamping of all messages. A robust power management system automatically powers down the neoVI FIRE 3 and it wakes up again based on network activity or the connection of a PC.
If you need to support a proprietary protocol, set up a simulation to run in parallel with the data logger, or any other custom action, the CoreMini scripting environment allows for you to expand the base functionality to fit your unique needs. This makes the entire system very flexible and adaptable.
Remote Connectivity and Location Services
The neoVI FIRE 3 has an onboard dual-band 802.11a/b/g/n WiFi, Secure Bluetooth SPP, and Bluetooth BLE. In addition, the neoVI FIRE 3 has a 10 Hz GPS accurate to within 2.5 meters. GPS is provided both as a fleet management tool and within the data logging session for correlating location to your test data.
RAD-IO 2 Device Support
The neoVI FIRE 3 can also be paired with the ruggedized RAD-IO2 products to provide an isolated GPIO and thermocouple interface. A direct connection to the neoVI FIRE 3 via USB can gather GPIO and vehicle network data simultaneously. The RAD-IO2 Series can also be connected to the neoVI Fire 3’s unused CAN/FD network directly using the RAD-IO2 CAN-Hub. Up to four RAD-IO2 devices can be daisy-chained. The chain length is limited by the current supplied to the chain through USB or the CANHUB.