neoVI FIRE 3 FlexRayThe Most Advanced FlexRay Vehicle Interface, Gateway and Data Logger with CAN FD & LIN
Vehicle Network Interface for FlexRay plus Data Logging System with CAN FD and LIN
2x FlexRay, 15x CAN FD, 4x LIN, 3x Ethernet Interfaces
The neoVI FIRE 3 FlexRay device is specially designed to add FlexRay, CAN FD, LIN and 100BASE-TX Ethernet to your application. The neoVI FIRE 3 FlexRay enables quick setup and monitoring of two FlexRay network pairs. In addition, it includes two complete FlexRay nodes, each with channel A and B physical layers, making neoVI the most advanced multi protocol vehicle network interface and data logger available.
The neoVI Fire 3 FlexRay includes 2x FlexRay, 15x CAN FD networks, up to 4x LIN networks, 2x 1Gb 0/100/1000BASE-T, 1x 10/100BASE-Tx. All networks run simultaneously and are hardware time-stamped. A fully-isolated high-speed ethernet interface allows messages to be sent and received without risk of damage to the networks or your computer.
- 2x FlexRay channels
- Configurable for 1A± / 1B± (1 four wire) or 1A± / 2A± (2 two wire)
- Selectable on-board termination between 100 ohms, 5 kohm, or no termination
- Tx and Rx capable
- FlexRay Cold Start (Optional)
- 15x DW CAN / CAN FD channels (2x switchable*)
- 15x Software enabled CAN termination
- 4x LIN channels
- 2x SW CAN*
- 2x LSFT CAN*
- 2x DoIP activation line
- 2x 1 Gb 10/100/1000BASE-T, 1x 10/100BASE-Tx for use with DoIP, XCPoE and more
- 2x Full-size SD card slots. SD 3.0 compatible and supporting up to 2 terabytes of total storage. Up to 800 Mbps logging (1x 32 GB SD card included standard)
- 4x General Purpose MISC IO
- Real Time Clock for hardware timestamping of all messages and backup at 25ns
- Internal dual-band 802.11a/b/g/n WiFi, Secure Bluetooth SPP, and Bluetooth BLE with software selectable internal or external antenna
- 10x Programmable tri-color LEDs show link, error, and activity status
- Membrane buttons built into device case can be programmed to trigger data logs or other events
- 9 DOF IMU (accelerometer, gyroscope and magne- tometer)
- Internal extended temperature battery for safe shutdown
- High precision GPS with external GPS antenna
Features Available in Future
- 1x USB Type-A connector for accessories such as RAD-IO2 or neoVI MIC2 manual trigger
- 4x General Purpose MISC IO
- Instant wake on 2 CAN FD channels
- Intrepid Security Module provides hardware cybersecurity and embedded C Code capability
- Generalized Precision Timing Protocol (gPTP)
- HD video recording via IP Cameras
- Supports AXIS P-Series and F-Series cameras
- Supports HD cameras @ 720p and up to 30 FPS
- Up to 4 terabytes of storage with 2x 2 TB SD Cards
- External modem support (RAD-4G)
Applications Fire 3 FlexRay – Connections
- Vehicle network tool
- Standalone data logger
- Wireless data logger with auto-download via WiFi or Ethernet
- Standalone ECU or vehicle simulator
- In-Vehicle data acquisition system
- Captive test fleet data collection
- Fleet management
- Vehicle pass-through interface support with J2534 and RP1210 (GM DPS, GM SPS, Ford DET, DiagRA, Chrysler CDA, etc.)
- Interact with the Bosch ERAY FlexRay core using Windows development tools such as Microsoft Visual Studio
- Develop FlexRay / handler ECU code on the PC
- Reconfigure FlexRay networks without using device programmers
Configuration using neoVI Explorer
The neoVI FIRE 3 FlexRay has two dual-channel FlexRay nodes. The user can select whether the second FlexRay Physical layer is 1B or 2A in neoVI Explorer. There are five configurations the user may select: Single Channel Network (1A), Dual-Channel Network (1A, 1B, Two Single-Channel Networks (1A, 2A), Cold Start and Disable. In addition users can select 100 ohm, 2.6 kohm or none for termination on each network.
Standalone Logging, Scripting, and Simulation
In addition to working as a vehicle network adapter, the neoVI Fire 3 can also operate in standalone mode. It can run real-time scripts, log data to two removable full-size SD cards, and simulate ECUs and gateways — all simultaneously! It is also possible to run a script to reflash ECUs standalone, without a computer, using data from the SD card.
The neoVI Fire 3 is capable of logging to two full-size SD cards, using real-time, fail-safe FAT32 storage for reliability and PC compatibility.
The neoVI Fire 3 also has a real-time clock for hardware timestamping of all messages. A robust power management system automatically powers down the neoVI Fire 3 and it wakes up again based on network activity or the connection of a PC.
The Power of Scripting – CoreMini
If you need to support a proprietary protocol, set up a simulation to run in parallel with the data logger, or any other custom action, the CoreMini scripting environment allows for you to expand the base functionality to fit your unique needs. This makes the entire system very flexible and adaptable.
Remote Connectivity and Location Services
The neoVI Fire 3 has an onboard dual-band 802.11a/b/g/n WiFi, Secure Bluetooth SPP, and Bluetooth BLE. In addition, the neoVI Fire 3 has a 10 Hz GPS accurate to within 2.5 meters. GPS is provided both as a fleet management tool and within the data logging session for correlating location to your test data.