ValueCAN 4 IndustrialIndependently Isolated CAN FD and LIN for Automation & Industrial Environment
The ValueCAN 4 Industrial is part of the ValueCAN 4 series, a family of high-quality tools for CAN FD and CAN 2.0.
ValueCAN 4 Industrial has a Din Rail case with LEDs indicating the status of the device and its networks. The device pinout is printed on the housing to make wiring easy. ValueCAN 4 Industrial is backed by a one-year warranty.
DIN Rails for Multiple Devices
Multiple ValueCAN 4 Industrial devices can be linked together using Ethernet to allow additional CAN, CAN FD or LIN/KLine channels. In addition, DIN rails allow easy installation and organized way to handle compli- cated wiring circuits. The ValueCAN 4 Industrial will fit either 15 or 7.5 mm “high” off the mounting surface.
The ValueCAN 4 Industrial has been tested and verified to support independently galvanic isolated two high-bandwidth CAN FD networks, 1 LIN/KLine. This includes 100% utilization at 8 Mb/s data rates on both CAN FD channels
Turn-Key Software Support
The ValueCAN 4 Industrial can be used with Vehicle Spy software, a powerful vehicle bus analyzer for monitoring messages and configuring baud rates. Vehicle Spy’s other features include filtering traffic, decoding message data, building scripts, simulating nodes, creating GUIs to control, log and view data, and building graphical displays of data. Real-time acceleration and standalone mode enable high speed flashing, gateway, and ECU simulation.
The ValueCAN 4 Industrial can load real-time Function Block scripts and C code created with Vehicle Spy Professional, which execute in real time at micro second resolution. Scripts can be controlled and monitored with a PC or operate standalone.
Intrepid Security Module (ISM) for Cybersecurity
ISM runs an embedded code with the support of Coremini standalone mode feature. ISM can be used for encryption and authentication of vehicle network data as part of the cybersecurity. Among other use cases, ISM can support real-time processing of vehicle network data and CCP secure access.
Network Interface and Features
- 2 Independently galvanically isolated CAN FD channel backward compatible with CAN 2.0
- 1 Independently galvanically isolated LIN channel also configurable for K-Line
- Configure or Monitor using USB or Ethernet connection using a standard shielded RJ45 socket
- Input power 9VDC-42VDC; the unit consumes 200mA if powered at 12VDC, or 100mA if powered at 24VDC
- USB Type-C connection for RAD-IO2 Isolated Analog, Digital or Temperature Interfaces
- Snaps on to DIN rail for easy mounting
- ISO11898 dual wire CAN Physical Layer (MCP2562FD) compatible with DeviceNet and CANOpen
- Both Dual Wire CAN channels have NON-ISO CAN FD and ISO CAN FD support
- CAN FD baud rates supported up to 8Mbps
- Vehicle Spy Trial Setup Tool for baud rates
- Software-programmable CAN termination resistance
- Real-time clock for 64-bit time stamping to an accuracy of 25 nanoseconds
- Pluggable Terminal Blocks 4 Pos 5mm pitch Plug 24-12 AWG Screw (Included 4 with ValueCAN 4 Industrial)
CAN Bus Termination Test
The ValueCAN 4 Industrial can be used with Vehicle Spy to check the termination of an attached CAN network. This is done by generating a CAN error frame and measuring how much time the bus takes to recover from the error, with microsecond-level resolution.
Software Support: Create Your Application Using the Included Intrepid DLL API, J2534 API, or RP1210 API
For those who wish to write their own applications, ValueCAN 4 includes a DLL and helpful examples for Python, Visual C++, C++ Builder, LabWindows CVI, LabVIEW, Java, Delphi, Excel, and Visual Basic. For more information on the DLL, please see the neoVI DLL documentation (ValueCAN 4 uses the neoVI DLL).