Intrepid Control Systems, in collaboration with Analog Devices, have created a state-of-the-art battery cell measurement and network testing tool for supporting OEMs and Tier 1s when implementing wBMS (Wireless Battery Management System®) technology into EV battery pack designs.
Watch this video to learn about Wireless Battery Management System (wBMS) for electric vehicles. Learn more about RAD-wBMS features and applications.
“The wBMS technology draws on two important fields: sensing & measurement and RF communications. The wBMS technology is a complete solution that is easy for the automotive manufacturer to integrate into a battery pack design. It includes a wireless cell monitoring controller (wCMC) unit for each battery module, and a wireless manager unit to control the communications network, which connects multiple battery modules wirelessly to the ECU.” from Analog Devices.
RAD-wBMS offers engineers several features and advantages including:
- Ability to read and decode all the wBMS data wirelessly
- e.g. Cell or total voltages, temperature, and computation results (SoC, SoH, SoP)
- Ability to display network metadata for system integrity confirmation
- Applicable use cases:
- Battery test cell data collection
- Battery pack assembly and production inventory data collection
- CAN-BUS gateway of the wBMS data to other network ECUs or for independent data logging (e.g. Intrepid cloud-based data logging hardware and software solutions)