Ethernet was adopted by the automotive industry, not only for its speed and versatility, but also for the ability to leverage existing technology created for other markets. A prime example is the SFP (Small Form-factor Pluggable) PHY that is frequently used in data centers. Devices with an SFP interface enable hot-swapping between a variety of Ethernet physical layers.
Intrepid Control Systems is excited to introduce a two-wire SFP module using the Marvell 88Q2112-A2 PHY. Now, it is simple and cost effective to add a 100/1000BASE-T1 port to any Intrepid SFP enabled device. It can also be used with many consumer devices (with proper configuration).
Here’s what makes our SFP module special:
- Supports both 100/1000Base-T1 speeds
- For use with Intrepid products having SFP interfaces
- Compatible with many non-Intrepid products (with proper configuration)
- Direct Read/Write access to PHY registers (when used with Intrepid products)
- User-selectable modes: master, slave, and auto-negotiate modes.
- Metal lock and latch system for reliable connection.
- Fully metallic enclosure and stainless steel connector shielding for low EMI.
- Interface via H-MTD SPE connector.
- ESD hardened for the automotive environment
- And More…
Upgrade your hardware with our 88Q2112 1000BASE-T1 SFP module today! Contact us to learn more or to request a quote.